The Central 70 Project will reconstruct a 10-mile stretch of I-70 between Brighton Boulevard and Chambers Road. This Team will build and finance the reconstruction, as well as operate and maintain Central 70 for 30 years.
CDOT is working to bring a number of improvements to Central 70 which include:
- Complete reconstruction of I-70 from Brighton Boulevard to I-270 including the addition of one Express Lane in each direction;
- Removing the 50-year-old viaduct and lowering the interstate between Brighton and Colorado Boulevards;
- Construction of a new 4-acre cover over the interstate between Clayton and Columbine Streets;
- Widening I-70 from I-270 to Chambers Road to accommodate one Express Lane in each direction; and
- Restriping I-70 from I-25 to Brighton Boulevard to accommodate one Express Lane in each direction.